Thursday, August 19, 2010

Daniel

WU: 1000m row

Workout: Daniel

50 PU (sub 30)
400m run
#95 Thruster, 21 reps
800m run
#95 Thruster, 21 reps
400m run
50 PU (sub 30)


14:34

Workout comments: Searching through the Crossfit database, there is such a huge library of workouts that involve some combination of running intervals mixed with moderate weight movements. These are the workouts that I like the most, because they mix up a bit of everything. Pullups and thrusters were not too bad, but I wouldn't sign myself up for a PR in Fran anytime soon.

On a side note, the ankle injury that has been plaguing me for 6 months now is back. It really feels no better or worse than it has in last 30 days, and that's where the problem is. I had followed the doctor's advice and not run on it for over a month, and just started to again recently a few times a week. Never feeling any real pain during exercise, it is usually very tight and moderately sore in the morning, and I will occasionally feel a sharp twang of pain if I step on it the wrong way. I had received both X-rays and MRIs, but the doctor could not say conclusively what my problem was. He suggested some sort of scan, then possibly rehab, and surgery if all else fails. I love his methodolgy: I can't tell you what the problem is, so I'll prescribe everything in the book and see if I get lucky. Great.

I'm going to try a new doctor, someone recommended in the annual Phillymag TopDocs issue. I hope they can treat this issue better.

No comments: