Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"300" workout

Late afternoon

Metcon
100 Double Unders for Time
1:12

"300" Workout (from Men's Health)

25 Pullups
50 Deadlifts (135#)
50 Pushups
50 Box Jumps (24in box)
50 Floor Wipers (135#)
50 Dumbbell Clean and Presses (35#)
25 Pullups

19:56

Workout comments: Double unders were done without shoes and were much easier to control. First 50 were done within 35 seconds until fault. Next 50 followed suit. Defintely lose some power with the cushioning of traditional running shoes.

I've done this "300" workout several times in the past. After watching the demonstration video again recently, I realized I was only doing half the recommended floor wipers, and was actually performing a dumbbell snatch, which I think is much easier. 6-8 months ago, when I was routinely doing this workout, I was averaging 22-25 minutes. I'm not exactly sure where I gained the most ground. Probably a combination of the pullups and box jumps. These were defintely the most consistent of everything.

Easy 15 minutes cycling to cool down and clear some waste from my very sore legs.

Supplemental work: about 30 minutes of foam roller work at night.

No comments: