Thursday, July 8, 2010

Moderate Run + Tempo

Early afternoon

5 miles on the treadmill in 40:15.

First 3.23 miles done at 8:30-9:00 pace. Final 12:00 done at tempo. 1.77 miles covered.

Workout comments: Again, with the insane heat wave that the Philadelphia area has been having the past couple of days, even working out in the safety of the fitness center offers little comfort. I was drenched halfway through the workout, and I could sense other people staring at me, which wasn't fun. I'm at a crossroads as to feel embarrassed by how much I sweat, or to feel condescension because other people are putting out such little effort in the gym.

I tried to focus on my form at least several times throughout the run and especially towards the end of the tempo. However, I should really get analyzed by someone in the near future, because my effort to avoid heal-striking may be causing me to overcompensate and land too much on the balls of my feet, instead of landing relatively flat footed. This may be where the added leg fatigue has been coming from recently.

No comments: