Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bench Press, Pullups, Long Metcon

Early afternoon

Strength
Bench Press 5 X 3
Load: 215

Pullups 5 X 10
*Bench Press and Pullups were done as a superset, with three minutes rest taken at the end of the pullups for each round.

Metcon

5 Rounds for Time:
15 Thrusters (95#)
500m Row

~20:20 (Approx breakdown of rowing splits: 1:45, 1:44, 1:46, 1:48, 1:51)

Workout comments: I felt pretty good during the bench press sets and the first 3 or 4 sets of the pullups. Felt like I could do a few more sets. The metcon really gassed me out. First two rounds were done with pacing in mind, but the thrusters eventually caught up to me, and I could not hold pace for the final 2 rounds. It was a good workout. There was approximately 15 seconds of rest taken to walk from the erg to the barbell station each time, but who's to say I wouldn't have rested that time anyway. I forgot to check my watch at the end of the workout, but this is a pretty accurate time.

No comments: