Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bench Press, Wood Chop, Metcon

Late afternoon

Bench Press 5 X 5
Load: 205

Wood Chop 5 X 10
Load: 245

Attempted two rounds of an exercise to improve jumping ability. Resembled the SHDP but included an extra shrug and elevation up to toes. Did not feel comfortable or natural. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Pullups 2 X max
9, 7

Metcon

12 Deadlifts (260)
30 Double Unders
6 Deadlifts
20 Double Unders
3 Deadlifts
10 Double Unders

3:56

Workout comments: I full expect my lower back to be sore from the deadlifts tomorrow. I couldn't manage any pullups today so quit after 2 rounds. Figured I would give them a rest. Looking to get a long run in this weekend.

The tough mudder (toughmudder.com) is coming up in April and looks to be a pretty cool course. Even though they boast a "no results posted" attitude. The top 5% of all finishers are invited to the championships, which is a 48 hour endurance race. Seems pretty cool.

No comments: