Saturday, December 4, 2010

Trail run

Early afternoon

Fighting the cold temperatures, Brigid and I headed out onto a 4-5 mile trail loop in the Wissahickon. I was definitely underdressed and could not shake the chills at several points during the run. We talked about signing up for a marathon in the Spring and the though of running something like the Philly marathon a few years ago pushed all aspirations of signing up for another marathon right out of my mind. It was 20 degrees at the start that year, and only barely above freezing at the finish. The ground surrounding all the water stops became a sheet of ice as the masses made their way through, throwing half empty cups on the ground. I think I read about one girl who slipped around mile 3 and had to stop running after that. It was cold.

At least running in the Spring carries the hope that temperatures will be milder. It's been two years now since I ran my last one. Probably should start thinking about it.

Today's run was about 6 miles in 54 minutes

No comments: