Monday, December 6, 2010

Yet another day of running...

Early afternoon

Bench Press 5 X 3
Load: 195, 215, 225, 235, 245 (failed third rep)

Incline Situps 5 X 15
*Supersets

Cleans 4 X 3
120, 160, 160, 160

True Pushups 4 X 20
*Supersets

3 mile run in about 27 minutes

Workout comments: Strength portion of the workout felt difficult, which got me thinking about the concept of a successful strength workout. I've been spending my time hovering in the weight ranges that allow me to complete all sets without doubt (aka no spotter). I guess I allowed myself to fall into a routine of "completing all sets" even if it means the weight never increases or does so at a tortoise-like pace. Maybe mixing in a few "unsuccessful" days will produce the sort of muscle recovery needed for much faster improvement.

The run was a little boring. Only 3 miles but it was on the treadmill. This makes the fourth day in a row that I've run and I've had no ankle pain to report. It usually feels a bit stiff at the start, but that soon vanishes and I don't think I've had much soreness afterwards either. Good sign.

1 comment:

John W said...

Been a while since I checked in on your blog. 12 HSPU! Damn. Did my first crossfit type WO in months last week. 3 rounds for time 30 Squats, 25 situps, 20 burpees. I was sore for 4 days. Not good. Glad to see the ankle is feeling better.