Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hill Repeats, Basketball

Early afternoon

A treadmill interval session quickly turned into a hill repeat session up Tech Drive with Chris R. and a someone I haven't met before, Alan something. Actually mistook him for another Alan who works here. Mildly awkward. At least it happened as we were finishing up. Seemed like a nice guy though.

After a quick warmup around Great Valley Parkway, we descended down the Tech Drive hill. I remember the first time I tackled this hill was in the final half mile of the GVCC 5K run about 3 years ago. Everyone said don't go out too fast because there is a killer hill at the end. Jibberish! But I was none the wiser and had nothing else to lose. Who cares if it's in the last half mile? You're pretty much gassed out by then anyway.

Even though we didn't start from the very bottom of the hill, it was still a pretty steep trip up. I think it actually amounts to a similar grade and distance as the North Lane hill in Conshohocken. Good to note. Took the first rep easy enough. There's a point where the road bends sharp to the left the wind hits you square in the face. Not to mention the sharp increase in grade too. Next too repeats I went out a little harder. Not an insane workout, but I was huffing at the top of each.

3 X 400m hill repeats

2:00, 1:56, 1:52

Evening

Basketball game. First win in a while. I was starting to feel a serious bout of depression coming along with all the losses we've been racking up in both leagues.

No comments: