Thursday, February 10, 2011

Metcon, Short Run

Afternoon

So a while back I secured a used truck tire which isn't really big enough for flipping, but still has its uses. I also picked up a sledgehammer and was itching to use it, but since all the snow my garage has pretty much been inaccessible. The snow finally started melting during the past week and I was at least able to get the door open. I rummaged through some of the equipment I've been hoarding during the past year and came up with this workout:

4 Rounds for Time:

50 Sledgehammer Tire Hits (split between right and left handed)
15 Burpees (including jump over a parallette I had stationed in the middle.

*Wore a 20# vest during the workout.

2:55, 3:27, 4:05, 4:07
14:34

4.2 miles on this loop in about 36 minutes with a 2:05 cruise interval up North Lane. 10 seconds better than Saturday.

Workout comments: I have no heat in my garage, but it was sheltered from the wind at least. I was actually scrambling to get outside afterwards. A pool of sweat had formed at my burpee station and sledge station. I'll have to remember to wear work gloves in the summertime so I don't chuck the sledgehammer straight through the wall. The burpees were tough, especially with the vest. I really wanted a bigger tire for box jumps, above anything else really. I've seen people doing these and I think it takes some of the fear of falling and smashing my shin, as I've done many times in the past. Flipping would also be pretty cool too. I have a standing order in at Ardmore Tire in case they get any in. Once I get a barbell set, maybe it would be a good idea to have some of the other guys over. Start up a little group circuit.

No comments: