Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Boot Camp/JNJ Site Challenge

Early afternoon

Boot Camp: AMRAP in 20 minutes

6 Pushups
8 Squats
10 Dips
12 Lunges (sub jumping lunges)
15 Situps

16 rounds + 14 reps

Workout comments: There was a site fitness challenge issued by the JNJ fitness center today, although I'm not completely sure how the rules were set up. What I do know is that each site would performed the same organized workout today and the results would be recorded and sent out at a later date. I'm guessing that they'll take the average number of rounds completed per site and compare them. Who knows?

The workout was all cardio. At one point it was painfully obvious that the room was getting much hotter with everyone working hard. There were no fans and I was dying. I couldn't tell, but I could see Alec on the other side of the room trading places with me for first place. I tried to block him out and just focus on moving as fast as possible. Great plan.

The situps were defintely the limiting factor. I was noticeable fatiguing at this point in the workout, and it felt as if the situps were taking the same amount of time as the rest of the round. I didn't have a watch, which was probably for the best. I think not seeing the clock defintely helps you push a little faster.

No comments: