Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Metcon

Early afternoon


Metcon
"300" (Bootcamp version)


25 Burpees
50 OH Walking Lunges (45# plate)
50 Situps
50 Push Press (97#)
50 Pushups
50 KB Swings (50#)
25 Burpees


17:51


Workout comments: This is different from the other "300" workout that I used to do in the past. That one was composed of pullups, deadlifts, single arm dumbbell clean and presses, floor wipers, pushups, and box jumps. This was equally brutal though. Even though my time is significantly fast than what I used to log for the old "300" workout (~24 minutes), that was a long time ago and the movements are vastly different. I should give that workout another go around and see what my time ends up being.


On a separate note, I recently began using a foam roller and a TP massage ball to work out some tender spots in my back and legs. I saw a video on the Crossfit Journal that mentions releasing tension in certain back muscles as a way of decreasing shoulder pain during certain overhead lifts. I will try this method for the next few weeks and see if it brings any gains.

No comments: