Wednesday, June 30, 2010

6 mile run, Strength

Early morning

Can you believe it? A morning run with Brig. Once again, I'm reminded of why I hate morning workouts so much. My body is still groggy, achy, I've had no coffee, and I just love sleep too much. Brig told me it gets easier the more times you do it, but I'm still not sold on the idea. Many people argue that you should mimic race conditions and practice in the morning. Others suggest that working out before breakfast promotes greater fat loss throughout the day. All I know is that my intensity is always noticeable greater during an afternoon or early evening workout. Therefore I am producing greater fitness. End of story.

6.3 miles in 53 minutes along this route.

Late afternoon

Strength

Squats 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Load: 215

Dumbbell Bench Press 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
Load: 75 X 2

Weighted Pullups 4, 4, 4, 4, 3*
Load: 30

All strength movements were performed as supersets, with 1 minute of rest in between workouts. I didn't finish the final pullup. Too much swing.

No comments: