Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Das Cut

After a long unintended weekend rest due to studying and other obligations, it was back to the trails in Malvern on Tuesday afternoon. I went out alone to try and get a feel for the area so I don't get lost anymore. I think I missed a portion of the trail at the very top of the cut and cut my run short by a mile or so. It was probably for the best, considering I had a meeting at 1. Still, it cut my projected mileage for the day by 2.5 miles. I need to step up the weekly mileage if I'm going to run this 50K in 10 weeks.

Interestingly, I stumbled across a plastic bag full of maybe a dozen Natty Ice beer cans. It's always amazing what people will throw on the side of the road. However, a few steps later I drifted through the unmistakable aroma of Black n' Mild cigars, so maybe the empty cans were fresh... You never know what people out this far west will doing during lunch on a Tuesday.

http://runkeeper.com/user/lbink/activity/28561875

5.5 miles in about 57 minutes.

No comments: