Friday, March 18, 2011

Reverse Diamond Rock

Reverse Diamond Rock today with Frank, Chris, and Raph. The link follows the route we took, but doesn't reflect accurate time. I think we finished this run in just under 65 minutes. Didn't tackle the Howell Rd hill like I said I would always do, but going up slowly doesn't necessarily translate into less pain. In fact, it just drags it out. Funny how the combination of people's competitive running personalities and the Diamond Rock route tend to stretch out the group. There is a good 2-3 mile uphill stretch (with a minor stretch of downhill in the middle) up to the very top of the mountain if you run the Reverse Diamond Rock version. It's very easy for some to run their own pace, while others try to conquer it warrior style. Some people just have that need to lead on runs, even if they can't keep the pace on the uphill portions, which is evident by the immediate progression forwards upon cresting said hill. I'm not sure which category I fall into. Maybe I consider myself laid back only because I lack the fitness conquer hills the fastest. Or maybe I'm OK with others taking the lead if it is that important to them.

7.4 miles in about 65 minutes

No comments: