Thursday, March 31, 2011

Solo Long Run

A pretty busy weekend is looming and nobody wants 15 miles on their legs before a wedding. I opted for a long run on Thursday night. Of course, it poured sporadically throughout the run. I had a light rain jacket, but soon the inside was just as wet as the outside. Brought along some podcasts and I can't really remember the last time I ran with an iPod. Not that I have become a disciplined, meditative runner, but I have been running in a group or with Brigid for the past several months. I felt decent throughout the run. I had aspirations of sub 9:00 minute pace for the entire run, but the 4 miles of trails put an end to that mentality. I did pump out the last 4.3 miles on the SRT in 35:30. Not great, but I had been battling some ankle pain that was nagging me for the second half of the run. I think it went well, overall.

14.8 miles in 2:19

No comments: