Saturday, March 26, 2011

Long Run

Long run today with Brigid. I was hoping to get my new shoes delivered today and couldn't believe when I checked the mail and they weren't delivered. USPS tracking says they were delivered. But no shoes. So after about an hour of pouting, I pulled it together and Brigid and I stumbled out the door. Why stumbled? because there on our doorstep was the USPS box with my shoes in it. Mizuno Wave Precisions. That's what happens when you forget to bring Friday's mail in with you. I laced up and we headed out the door. Of course the flat portion of the SRT, while boring, definitely flew by as Brig and I have been focusing many of our runs on the Wissy trails. The long flat stretch was a good change of pace and we cruised along at ~8:00/mile. Most of that change as the run wore on. The long hill up Leverington in Manayunk made sure of that. And we happened along the Wissy trails a little longer than I expected before finally making it down to Forbidden Drive. We opted against the long hill up Andorra, but the traffic on Germantown wasn't much better. At this point, we were both pretty tired and had to stop a few times just to collect ourselves. The home stretch down Joshua was the toughest, because this road is much longer than it seems and the downhill wreaks havoc on your legs just before subjecting you to the long uphill back home.

It might have been a little too much in too short a time. Our last long run was 12 miles on the trails, and I originally thought this run was 15, but after going back and re-mapping, it turned out to be 17. Hopefully this will make this week's 15-mile workout seem like a walk in the park.

17 miles in 2:50

No comments: