Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trail Run

Lunch run with Paul R. today. Should have been between 7 and 8 miles but it turned in to much more. I'll get to that. Headed out towards Yellow Springs Road and halfway up we turned off towards a small hidden trail that linked up with a small suburban development. From there we linked another trail on our run, but it didn't amount to much. We ended up blazing our own trail through mostly thorns and my legs are proof of that. We finally found the right trail and took it up the Cut. Kept it going until the top of Yellow Springs Road, crossed over the Turnpike and picked up the Horseshoe trail. I'm not a big fan of this trail. Just too many softball-sized rocks littering the path. Add a thick layer of leaves and it adds up to another ankle injury. I did my best to maintain pace but had to stop a few times to get around some obstacles. We emerged near an elementary school and Paul said he knew of another trail in the area so we headed for that. I guess that's where I lost Paul. I must have split off from the main trail, because I ended up alone on Rt. 29 with no idea which way was the way back. I took a chance and happened across Yellow Springs Road. Unfortunately, I shouldn't have turned onto Yellow Springs, but I only made it about a half mile before I got my bearings and turned around.

I finally made it back to the rec center in 96 minutes. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but still a little long for a lunch run.

No comments: