Friday, April 22, 2011

Crossfit Open 11.5

Only one more Crossfit Open workout after this. I have mixed feelings about my performance so far. On the one hand, I haven't really done many Crossfit-type workouts in the past few months. I don't have access to an Olympic-sized bar, rings, or many of the other pieces of equipment that made up the majority of these workouts. On the other hand, I've tried to keep strength training a regular part of the programming for this 50K. This might be an overstatement, as I've really only done these weekly metcons, and maybe a strength workout from strengthvillain.com. I tried to cut back on these workouts, since they've left me feeling so sore and my running workouts have really suffered as a result. Still, some strength is better than no strength and it might be the reason for my better-than-expected 800m times recently.

Crossfit Open 11.5 workout:

AMRAP 20 minutes

5 Power Cleans (145)
10 T2B
15 Wall Ball (20, 10ft)

I finished 8 full rounds and managed to squeeze in a power clean before the clock ran out. I went in the first wave, and honestly think I might have done better if I was going against one of the other guys. Hard to say for sure. Power cleans became tough in the end, and all wall balls were unbroken. What really got me was the T2B. I had no idea how to get a steady rhythm going, and every time I tried to kip, it threw off my body position and I had to start over. Very frustrating. Many other people had the same problem.

No comments: