Thursday, April 14, 2011

Managing Fatigue

I headed out during lunch for the 7.4 miles up Diamond Rock with Becky and Raph. The past few times we've done this run it usually takes approx 64-70 minutes to finish. We did the reverse route, although it seems like it's become the normal route these days. It has a pretty decent hill about 15 minutes into the run, followed by a gradual downhill and then another challenging climb.

I got to thinking about runs that I really feel good about lately. Tuesday's interval workout, oddly, was one of those workouts. Other than that, I don't really seem to remember too many runs where I can feel a solid pop in my stride and really feel comfortable at a 7-8 minute pace. Granted, I've been putting in some hard strength work during the week. Granted, I don't have too many interval or tempo sessions under my belt during this training cycle. But I'm still logging 30-45 miles per week, which is more than I've accumulated in recent memory. Hopefully, when I start tapering I'll start to feel some of that fitness I've hopefully been building lately. I got a glimpse of it on Tuesday and I just want a little more.

7.4 miles in 64 minutes.

No comments: