Friday, April 8, 2011

Crossfit Open-Week 3

This was the third week of the Crossfit Open workout. The workout for the week is something I'm indifferent about:

AMRAP 5 minutes:
Clean and Jerk (165)

I feel comfortable doing clean and jerks. What I mean by that is that no part of the movement hurts any joints/muscles in an unnatural way. Simply accelerate the bar off the ground, catch it, stand, and jerk overhead. I thought I had fully recovered from the squat workout on Monday, but I guess my legs were still slightly fatigued. Consequently, I had the most trouble with the front squat portion of the exercise and several people commented on my lack of leg strength being my limiting factor. But they also mentioned that it's better to have to improve on leg strength, since they noted by presses/jerks were no problem. I had set a goal of 40 reps (clean + jerk=2 reps), but fell just short, only getting 17 total reps and I had to work for that. Maybe I could have beaten that if I came back on Saturday morning for another shot, but I wanted to rest up for the Toughmudder on Sunday. Not bad overall. I think it puts me in 4th place on the team.

No comments: