Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Solo Malvern Run

A solo run in the rain through the quarry and the nature preserve today. I can easily remember the days when I was missing turns left and right. Now the heavily traveled route seems like second nature to me. I still can't consider myself an expert back here, but it's good to know I can head out on my own and find my way around. Of course the rain brought lots of mud and bigger creeks, but the wind wasn't so bad once I reached the protection of the trees. I had anticipated 70 degree weather all week and didn't pack anything but shorts and a tee. I opted to take the Brokeback portion of the trail (the first time I realized where the turnoff was) and finished with a sprint up the final hill in the park before cooling down for the last 1/2 mile.

My legs still felt pretty heavy, but at least the stiffness dissipated after a few minutes of warmup. About 4.5 miles in 40 minutes.

Early evening

Loss to Zero Defects tonight. Didn't play as well as we did last week, although they hit a ton of three-pointers. I think this drops us to second place, but I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. We beat the first place team handily twice already this season. Hoping for the best.

No comments: