Thursday, September 2, 2010

800m Repeats

A very hot and scorching day today, temperatures probably reaching 95+ in the sun. The thermometer in my car read 101F when we finished. I hope that's not accurate. A few people from work make it a regular habit to run 800m repeats on Thursdays on a stretch of road called Flat Rd. No it's not a joke. Ironically, there is a slight increase in grade directly in the middle portion, right where both directions end. Here's the breakdown:

2:57
2:53
2:54
3:06

I definitely pulled back during the last repeat, thinking I was saving myself for the final hill. Unfortuntately, I found myself too far back off my pace coming around the first turn, and the deficit was just too much to make up in the final minute. I'm sure my legs will be feeling this later.

No comments: