Friday, May 28, 2010

Bench Press, Easy Trail Run

Early afternoon

Workout: Bench Press 4 X 5
Load: 195#

Trail Run, Easy pace
4.5 miles, 44 minutes

Late afternoon

500m row
40 Squats,
30 Situps
20 Pushups
10 Pullups

4:14

Workout comments: I was planning on rowing for an easy 30 minutes today, but Mikhail wandered in just as I was getting changed. He was the first of the running group that meets in Malvern almost daily for a varied run around the area. He said today's run would be about 4-5 miles, and I had been dreading rowing all morning. I just ran yesterday with no problems, so I figured I would give it a try. I know I would pay for it later, but it was cool outside and the erg did not look appealing. I only felt minimal soreness afterwards.

The trail they usually take meanders through a rock quarry that abuts a nature conservancy. I wouldn't actually call some of these running paths "trails", mostly because they are so overgrown that you can't really see what's in front of you. Making your way through this workout means you can't lose sight of the guy in front of you, or else you're lost. The best part about this trail network is the multiple water crossings they afford you. At first, there is always hesitation at getting your feet wet, but once you accept the fact that you are getting wet, you look forward to sloshing through. There was one point where a bridge had recently been constructed, but everyone in the group opted to run through the creek instead. Perfect.

No comments: