Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mountain Biking

An easy?? day of mountain biking today to get some active rest. I stayed away from most of the major hills, although a few did sneak up on me. I followed another route that I took last week, but with a few modifications. Basically I stayed off the trails that were only marked for runners. Question: How can a trail be marked for both hikers and horses, but not for mountain bikers? You think that a 6 ft, 2000 lb horse would have a harder time negotiating its way over technical terrain than someone on a mountain bike. Especially since the horse is carrying someone along the way.

I got this bike from John W. about 2 years ago and have take decent care of it since. I took it to the shop a few times for a tune-up and things have been working pretty well on it, but I defintely think I need to clean it more often. It's so easy after you get home to just throw it in the shed and head inside, especially since mountain bikes are so much harder to clean than road bikes. I mean there is dirt and grime EVERYWHERE. I wish I could just fill my neighbor's pool with soap and soak it in there for a few hours.

It was a pretty good ride. I took a few miles at the beginning and end on Forbidden Drive just to get my legs spinning at a decent cadence. Probably close to 9 miles overall in 70 minutes.

No comments: