Saturday, May 29, 2010

Short run

Morning

An easy route through Conshohocken on this route. I took a slight detour off an extension of the Schuylkill Bike Path and found a small rock quarry adjacent to Rt. 476. What was odd was the numerous number of small single track trails that spurned off the much larger open space in the middle. Unfortunately, each of these trails was no longer than a few hundred meters. You could never piece together a decent enough run from these. They looked to be more for motocross than anything, although some of the shrubbery has become so overgrown that it was tough for me to duck under on foot.

On another interesting note, as I was starting out on my run I noticed four guys down in Sutcliffe Park engaging in what could only have been a crossfit workout. There were four guys and four pieces of equipment: a barbell with weight, a tractor tire, a med ball, and a keg. I should have stopped by and found if they were ever coming back or if they had a schedule. I recently put an add in craigslist for a tractor tire. I read that they usually are free if you can find some place that has one, since it costs a lot of money for junk yards to dispose of them. The same goes for kegs, if you don't mind losing the $30 deposit.

This marks the third day in a row for running and I have to say my ankle feels pretty good.

Late afternoon

Workout: 3 Rounds for Time

10 HSPUs
20 Odd Object Front Squats
30 Situps

9:32

Workout comments: First time using the new flip video recorder Brigid and I bought. We figured it would be a good way to document most nights down the shore. In another manner of speaking, it would be a good way of remembering most nights down the shore. Video taping (taping? Is it still called that even though it's not VHS?) adds a certain level of pressure to a workout, because you are only doing it for one of two reasons: studying your form or posting for others to see. Either way, it's added pressure to do well.

The temperature was pushing 90 degrees and I had to make a few adjustments during the workout. First, I think I need to construct new paralletes, since the ones I was using were wobbling just slightly. That's enough to worry me when I'm 12 inches away from a broken neck. Second, I had to lose the shoes because it was getting too hot. Overall, a good workout.

No comments: