Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Moving Day

No workouts this weekend due to the long, but necessary moving process. Brigid and I finally got our housing act together and bought a place on W. 9th Ave in Conshohocken. The whole process was relatively quick. We already had most of the documentation and paperwork in place from the last moving attempt, so it was a quick turnover process. I was pretty banged up from the workout on Friday and took Saturday (and Sunday and Monday) off to get things situated in the new house. Saturday was pretty much 8 full hours of moving boxes and furniture from house to truck, and from truck to house, with a few staircases thrown in for good measure. I had some inclinations of heading out for a bike ride or testing out the future gym in my garage, but opted for some much needed rest. I'm still not recovering as fast as I would like, so maybe a few more days of rest are what I need to start throwing into the calendar.

On a side note, I tried making my very own batch of honey wheat bread yesterday, amidst the unpacking and cable guy appointment (which unexpected took close to four hours). I had all the ingredients and got things started. Long story short, yeast need REAL sugar to become active. Splenda is not a viable substitute if you are in a pinch. Result: I made one batch of breadsticks and one batch of pizza dough.

No comments: