Friday, October 22, 2010

Bench Press, Chinups, Shoulder Press

Late evening

Bench Press 5 X 5
Load: 195
*20 Situps after each set

Chinups 4 X 10
Shoulder Press 4 X 6
Load: 100, 110, 110, 110

One round of metabolic arm progression for good measure. Wasn't really feeling it today though.

Workout comments: Ahhh commercial gyms. They are superior to my work gym because they offer much more of a selection, a lot more weight, and legitimate squat racks and bench press stations, not just smith machines. Plus they have a pool. But I made the mistake of going last night around 6:30, and virtually every weight station was taken up. I was lucky to squeeze in where I could, but a workout during peak hours here defintely takes longer than when you can move around unimpeded.

A good note is that I always thought that the Smith machine was somehow giving me false results, since the bar is virtually weightless and there really is no work done on your stabilizer muscles. But the last few times I've tried the real bar, it has seemed easier than expected, especially with a close grip. Of course this will all be moot as soon as my ankle heals and I can start running and biking again.