Monday, October 4, 2010

Swimming

I got in a short swim at Drexel before class. I can only manage 30-40 minutes in the pool, since the swim team practices until 6 and I have class at 7. This seems like the perfect amount of time for a Crossfit Endurance workout. On the schedule for today was

4 X 5 min with 3 minutes of rest between intervals.

I modified this to:

3 X 250m with 2 minutes rest

I know it takes me roughly 1 minute to swim 50m at an easy pace, plus distance is much easier to calculate when you can't monitor your watch.

I warmed up with 5 easy laps with hand paddles. Then on to the workout:

4:21, 4:21, 4:13

This was probably the first time I attempted some strenuous swimming workout in a few years and I didn't really know what to expect. I'm pretty satisfied that I have some sort of baseline finally to work with.

No comments: