Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Strength

Early afternoon

Bench Press 5 X 3
Load: 215, 225, 225, 225, 225

Wood Chop 5 X 10 (each side)
Load: 80
* Supersets

Dumbbell Shoulder Press 4 X 5
Load: 100, 110, 110, 120

Pullups 4 X 15
*Supersets

Workout comments: Two great points from today. 1) I noticed almost no shoulder pain during both the bench press and shoulder press, which is usually not the case during these movements. 2) I defintely felt underworked during the kipping pullups today. The last set felt almost too easy. I could have easily knocked out 20. I think most of the benefits have come from simply wrapping tape around the handles. What were they thinking wrapping the grips in smooth rubber? Sweat instantly turns to vaseline on those things.

Last week wearing the boot. Still some minor aches from wearing it, and I'm worried my ankle stability will have surely suffered during the long period of inactivity. If the prognosis comes back with added time out, I'm blowing it off, having received multiple reports from runners with similar injuries stating they simply ran until it didn't hurt anymore. Modern medicine is great, but when the doctor spends less than 10 minutes with you before moving on to the next patient, it makes you question how important your healing actually is.

No comments: