Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Late Afternoon

Bench Press 10, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Loads: 105, 175, 205, 210, 210, 210

Knees to Elbows 4 X 10

Wood Chop 4 X 10 (each side)
Load: 80#
*Supersets

3 X Max Pullups
12, 10, 10

Shoulder Press 3 X 5
Load: 100#
*Supersets

Workout comments: Have been wearing this support boot now for almost 5 weeks to help heal a bone lesion I suffered back in February. It seems to be working well. I still feel a little soreness every now and then, but nothing like I used to be feeling. When it's time to put it on in the morning, sometimes I forget which foot it goes on. That should be a good sign.

Having it on for the past 5 weeks means I haven't been able to run or do anything short of swim and upper body exercises. No I don't look like Popeye. But I have learned the value of stretching and recovery, since I've been focusing on this part of my body for the past several weeks. After the first week I was sure my shoulders would never loosen up. But a few sessions a week with a foam roller will work wonders.

If the doctor says I can gradually progress back into running, I'm going to shoot for an ultra next summer or fall. We'll see about where.

No comments: