Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bench Press, Wood Chip, Boot Camp

Early afternoon

Strength

Bench Press 5 X 3
Load: 205, 225, 225, 235, 245

Wood Chop 5 X 10 (each side)
Load: 230

Metcon
5 Rounds for Time

20 OH Walking Lunges 45#
15 DUs
10 Contralateral Pushups
5 Box Jumps 18in

12:34

Ab work

Workout comments: I guess all the upper body work is paying off. Tied my old PR for the 1RM, but doing 3RM. Of course, I was using the equipment in Spring House, which I think is always just a little different than what I've been using in Malvern.

First time doing a serious metcon in a while. Went better than I expected. I only really got held up on the box jumps, but mostly because I'm still thinking I'm going to slip like the last time. They are not the most reliable boxes. Lungs and muscles were burning, but I was still moving through everything pretty quickly. I was defintely feeling the cleans and deadlifts in my hamstrings from yesterday.

No comments: