Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Strength, Short Trail Run

Early afternoon

Bench Press 5 X 5
Load: 195

Wood Chop 5 X 10 each side
Load: 245
*Supersets

Squats 10 X 2
Load: About 220

Pullups 10 X 2
* Supersets. I alternated between neutral and normal grips pullups.

Late afternoon

Short trail run in the Wissahickon. The effect of daylight savings time is finally taking its effect, although the weather is slow to catch up. I can still run in shorts and and t-shirt. But the light is waning and soon I'll need a headlamp if I want to continue these after-work runs. I have to leave the headphones at home, because running the last hours of daylight is usually a guarantee of making your way across a few deer. They must be so used to people at this point that they don't move until you are right on them, and running on the trails requires more concentration on your foot placement then what's 50 yards ahead. I'm lucky if it's just a doe, but today they were accompanied by a pretty large stag. The last time I came across one of these, it had a small fawn with it and started chasing me down Forbidden Drive. By the time I knew what happened, they were bounding off through the trees, and the snapping branches is what caught my attention in the first place. Still pretty amazing that you can find a place like this in a large city.

Unknown distance in about 32 minutes.

No comments: