Friday, November 5, 2010

HSPUs, SU, Run

Early afternoon

Strength

HSPU 4 X Max reps
10, 6, 6, 9

Incline Situps 4 X 15
*Supersets

Easy Run 4.5 miles
42 minutes

Workout comments: After minimal discomfort (in my ankle) after a mile on the treadmill yesterday, I braved the unknown and ran with Paul R. for ~4 easy miles around Malvern. I haven't run in more than 2 months, and it's as though I completely missed a season. Sure, I've been outside walking around and in my backyard pretty often, but when you haven't run outside in such a prolonged period of time, it's as if you are experience everything with brand new eyes. It's not early November, but despite the chillier than usual weather we've been having the past few weeks, I almost expected to walk outside to the sweltering temperatures I left in the middle of the summer. I should have packed a long-sleeved T-shirt.

The route was pretty much the same route as they always take, but it will probably take a few times before I can clear the cobwebs from my brain. The recent rain that came a few weeks back must have totally rearranged the trail at one point, and you could see the spots where the small creek was totally overflowing, debris piled up everywhere. At one point there was a massive piece of lumber, maybe 2' X 2' and almost 35-40 feet long that had become lodged on a tree which hung about 10 feet over the now receded creek. Amazing the power of water.

No comments: