Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Running, Another Double Metcon

Early afternoon

2.8 miles in 27 minutes

5 Rounds for Time

10 Plank Jacks
10 Straddling Depth Jumps
10 Burpees
10 Situps

10:27

3 Rounds for Time

30 Reverse Lunges (45#)
20 SDHP (45#)
10 Shoulder Press (45#)

Workout comments: I'm starting to feel some real soreness in my glutes the past few days. I also attempted some pullups today and while I still had over 10 on the first round, I could tell that there was no way I was going to sustain that 4 times. I guess the 2-3 weeks I took off from lifting weights is starting to catch up to me. After the long run this weekend I'll try to incorporate it back into the schedule, with more emphasis on cleans, jerks, and possibly snatches, since my shoulder has been feeling awesome lately. Other than a long run once per week, my running is going to have to mainly take the form of bi-weekly basketball games. I don't think I'm going to have any time with two classes per week.

No comments: