Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yoga, Spinervals

Late afternoon

I recently got the P90X DVDs, but haven't really gotten around to use them. You need a little bit more than the "bare essentials" they boast one TV. Namely, a pullup bar, multiple dumbbell weights, and a yoga mat from what I've seen so far. I attempted the yoga routine that was demonstrated yesterday. A few surprising things I've learned:
  1. Yoga is a strenuous exercise that raises your body temperature.
  2. Don't perform yoga exercises when your joints are feeling sore in any way.
  3. Get a yoga mat, because carpeting just doesn't cut it.
I tried yoga a few times in college. Our rowing coach at the time insisted, but I don't think too many people took it seriously when they saw the instructor he brought in. I don't really think anyone was concentrating too hard...Still, I got a pretty good sense of the effort level it demands, so I knew partially what I was getting into. I stopped after about a half hour due to sore joints and sore muscles. I'll give it another try this weekend.

Spinervals 1.0

I could tell about 10 minutes in that my body needed a rest. I made it through all the workout sets with the exception of the very last one, where I simply had to stop. I just couldn't keep my legs spinning. I pedaled easy for about 10 minutes and stopped it there.

About 38 minutes with an average HR of 140 BPM. That seems to be where my HR settles for all of these workouts. Odd.

No comments: