Monday, March 15, 2010

Bench Press, Running/Wall Ball Metcon

Morning

Bench Press 5 X 3
Loads: 175#, 195#, 215#, 225# (failed 3rd rep), 215#

AMRAP
Run 0.25 miles
40 Wall Balls (20#)

5 complete rounds + 0.14 miles run

  • Workout comments: I added a 2% grade to the treadmill during this workout because it helps me focus my landing on my forefoot, which helps take the discomfort out of my stride. I felt good during the wall balls, but most likely because my pace was not as fast as I would have liked it during the runs.
  • General comments: After watching a short blurb on crossfit.com about the benefits of stretching (along with the mountains of othe reports out there) I'm going to spend more time actively stretching in an effort to increase overall flexibility. I've seen a few articles published over the years, including one from the New York Times, that reports stretching adds no substantial benefit to fitness or health. But the question becomes: Does it hurt?
  • Body: I felt pretty good today. No soreness.

No comments: