Sunday, March 7, 2010

Running again

Workout: 3.1 miles easy



28:12



  • Workout comments: Tried an easy run around Conshohocken to test out my ankle stability. Still felt some slight discomfort when landing on my heel and rolling foward to my forefoot. Not perfect running form. Oddly, the discomfort forced me to land on my forefoot, which is something I should be working on anyway. It's amazing how one injury can force the body to compensate in other areas to maintain the same level of performance. The only problem is that this overcompensation usually doesn't occur in a gradual fashion, but all at once. This usually just creates more problems down the road. Either way, it's progress.
  • 3.1 miles along this route.
  • General comments: As if there weren't enough things going wrong, I was attempting 3 X max rep pullups after I was done running on the pullup bar attached to my doorframe. Of course, it came loose and I dropped about 2-3 feet onto my knee caps. Nothing serious, except it sent a shock wave up my spine and my knees got pretty bruised. That in addition to sore back will probably call for a rest day tomorrow.

No comments: