Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Deadlift Pushup Metcon, Push Press, Uphill walking

Late afternoon

WU: Shoulder dislocates, OH Squats

Workout: 10 Rounds

10 Deadlifts (135#)
15 Pushups

Only made it through 5 rounds. 6:25

3 X 10 Sets Push Press

Loads: 135#, 135#, 135#

1 mile uphill walk at 15% grade: 17:42

  • Workout comments: I had absolutely no energy for this workout. I got about 8 hours of sleep last night and ate fairly well during the day. I had yogurt and an apple for breakfast and a salad and soup for lunch, with a Clif bar right before the workout. I had about 50 oz of water throughout the day. I cut the metcon short because I was feeling too much tension on my lower back, even before I started the workout. I tried to watch my form in the mirror. I don't know if it's really smart to attempt deadlifts as part of metcon. It's so easy to let form fail and try to muscle through it.
  • Body: Quads and lower back were pretty sore throughout the day.
  • RHR: 46 BPM

1 comment:

John W said...

I like the setup and style of the blog. Captures everything very and it'll be easy to go back and see what you did.