Friday, March 12, 2010

WU: Shoulder dislocates, Samson Stretch

2 X 10 Front Squats (135#)

Workout: 3 Rounds for time:

30 Double Unders
25 L-Pullups
20 Dumbbell Squat Cleans (50# X 2)

30:45

1 mile job with 3% grade: 9:22

  • Workout comments: I was feeling pretty exhausted through this workout. I was knocking out L-pullups in 3-4 rep sets, which is better than what I thought. My hamstrings are pretty tight, so they looked a little less than perfect. Still they weren't bad. I was having a hard time keeping a straight upwards line during the cleans. From the ground, my arms have to strain to bring the dumbbells in line, and as a result my traps and arms were fatiguing first.
  • General comments: I just realized that the Bear Mountain 50K is less than 2 months away, and I am still nursing this ankle. I don't know what I'm going to do. I had intentions of going out there and giving it my all. I didn't want to approach the race with the intention of just finishing. But that may be what it comes down to. We'll see.
  • Body: Lower back still a little sore. Otherwise feeling pretty good.
  • RHR=46BPM

No comments: