Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Boot Camp, Afternoon Run

Early Afternoon


Workout: Weighted Pullups (5, 5, 5, 1, 1, 1)


Loads 30#, 30#, 30#, 50#, 55#, 70# (failed this rep)

Boot Camp

Partner workout: One person does a finite number of reps on the first exercise, while the partner works continuously until the first person is finished those reps. 3 rounds of each exercise before moving on to the next station.


20 HSPUs (Lateral lunges)
20 Wall Balls-20# (KB Swings-40#)
40 DUs (Walking Lunges)
20 Box Jumps (Pushups)

20 Throw Downs

Total Time= 31:24

Late Afternoon

An easy run along this route. About 3.6 miles. 32:46
  • Workout comments: A few milestones today. First, I got 10 consecutive HSPUs in a row, which I have never gotten before. It's defintely the adrenaline of being in a competitive atmosphere. Second, I got two sets of 40 DUs in a row, both after doing about 30-40 walking lunges without rest. I have been doing these usually in front of a mirror, because I thought keeping my eyes up and focused on form would help out. Wrong again.

  • General comments: ankle is starting to feel much better. After the hill workout on Saturday and the spring/wall ball workout yesterday, I'm feeling pretty solid on it. Walking around doesn't hurt very much, although I still feel a twang every now and then. I went for a run after work, probably something I shouldn't have done. I even decided to go out without the brace. I took the Vibrams with me because they force me to land on my forefoot and I have to say, I didn't feel so bad. The pace was under 9 min/mile, and this included a few walking breaks I took just to make sure I didn't over work things. I think things are finally starting to pick up.

  • Nutrition: Good
  • RHR: 46 BPM

No comments: