Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hill Repeats

Morning

WU: 1 mile


Workout: 3 X 0.20 mile hill repeats (avg. 7.1% grade)

1.13, 1.20, 1.18, 1.18

3.5 miles total

  • Workout comments: Felt pretty decent during this workout. I wasn't sure what to expect from the pace. The only time I've ever attemped a workout similar to this one was a few months ago when attempted several different hills in Conshohocken, including the one done with repeats today. This hill was my first attempt during that workout, and I was slower on that first repeat than on any of the repeats done today? Have I somehow gained running fitness over the past month without running at all, and with a slightly injured ankle? I'm not sure. I think the combination of strength and metcon work focused on my lower body has added an unexpected amount of endurance, particularly over short, fast distances. I hope it translates well to distance running.
  • General comments: It was raining, windy, and overall miserable today. I had to wear a cap to keep the rain out of my eyes, and a jacket. I got some pretty weird looks from drivers when the wind almost knocked me down a few times. I felt bad for the people that I saw moving today.

No comments: