Friday, March 19, 2010

Deadlifts and Pushups

Early Afternoon

WU: 1 mile run, Shoulder dislocates, Samson stretch, 2 X 10 Deadlifts (117#)

Workout: Deadlift (1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1)

Loads: 277#, 297#, 307#, 317#, 327#, 337# (failed 1st attempt but made second), 347# (failed first attempt but made second attempt)

200 Pushups for time: 11:23

Late afternoon

WU: About a mile of trails before starting the hill repeats.
Workout: 8 X Hill Repeats

30, 28, 30, 30, 30, 27, 29, 26

My workout was going to be 30 seconds on, 20 seconds off using the treadmill, but who wants to rot away on one of those things when the sun is out and the trails are begging to be traversed. I made my way to a monster hill at the intersection of Bells Mill Road and Forbidden Drive. I took the first interval for about 30 seconds at my max pace and tried to lower my time on each subsequent interval.
  • Workout comments: A new PR for the deadlift. I wouldn't say my form was great on the last two repetitions, but I tried to keep my back as flat as possible. I realize this will become the major limiting factor as the weights increase, so I'll try and work on keeping myself as "in-line" as possible. I can feel my form start to fail as soon as I move through the first few inches of the move, probably a sign that I need to strengthen my legs a whole lot more before I can expect any significant gains.
  • My workout was going to be 30 seconds on, 20 seconds off using the treadmill, but who wants to rot away on one of those things when the sun is out and the trails are begging to be traversed. I made my way out to a monster hill at the intersection of Bells Mill Road and Forbidden Drive. I took the first interval for about 30 seconds at my max pace and tried to lower my time on each subsequent interval. Rest time was between 60 and 90 seconds, closer to the latter just before the last interval.
  • Gear: iPhone, Vibrams, tech shirt/short
    Body: I felt some slight soreness in my lower back this morning but defintely better than I have most of this week.

  • Nutrition: Good

No comments: