Saturday, March 20, 2010

Like riding a bike...

Workout: 24.5 miles of road biking: 1:34


A long tempo run was scheduled for today, but since I had done hill repeats yesterday, I decided to give myself an extra day before attempting it. I got a text last night from Santoro asking about a long ride, and since I haven't ridden my bike in almost 6 months I figured why not. I've gotten away from road biking and swimming during the last half year in favor of trail running and Crossfit. I forgot how much fun it can be to ride. Of course I also forgot how much it drains your quads, especially if you haven't ridden for a while. Regardless, the weather was pushing 75 degrees and it was worth every minute. Santoro showed up with his shiny new tri-bike and I would be lying if I said I didn't want one. It looks so much more comfortable than the conversion I made out of my road bike and T2 handlebars. I told myself I wanted to get back into longer distance triathlons, but haven't had the motivation so far. The races are so damn expensive and there is often a bit of traveling involved, especially if you want to get involved in the longer distance races. I made myself promise not to get any more gear until I've entered (and done well) in at least several races in a single season. For now I'm just content to get out there in this great weather. I got a great farmer's tan as a souvenir.

Along this course:



  • Body: Generally fine. No more lower back soreness, although I was expecting it for sure after the deadlift workout. My quads and hamstrings are definitely feeling tired after the ride today.

No comments: