Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bodyweight workout

Late Afternoon

WU: easy 0.5 mile jog/walk to Sutcliffe Park, the home of the awesome fit trail/crossfit training equipment. Went there yesterday and discovered some parallel bars.

Workout:
Kipping Pullups On the minute: 1, 2, 3, 4,...
Failed at 10, more because of the grip and blisters forming on my hands then from actual muscle failure. The bar is pretty thick too, so it makes for interesting later reps.

0.25 mile walking lunges, uneven terrain

11:49

Tried to ensure that my knee touched the ground each time, but I was going over some gravel and stones in shorts. I drew the line there.

100 Parallette Pushups: untimed.

Workout comments: The walking lunges didn't hurt as much the next day as I supposed they might. I'll have to lengthen the duration next time. I need to make one new parallete. One of them seems a bit wobbly, which doesn't concern me during the pushups, but HSPUs are a different story. I glued the damn things together so tightly that there is no way to pry apart the different sections either.

No comments: