Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mountain Biking

Took out the mountain bike for the first time in a while on an awesome Saturday. Didn't feel much like driving to the park so I just rode up there. It's kind of a pain having to ride almost 5 miles there. The ride to the park is almost entirely uphill as well.

I logged about 15 miles in 1:50 on this route. GPS on my phone died just as I was making my way out of the park, but it did include the return ride home.

I was defintely feeling some strain in my lower back, and forgot how much translational power it takes to move up some of those hills. Between forcing the pedals down and pulling on the handlebars for added stability, my core takes the brunt of the load. Defintely a fun ride. I need to work on some technical skills so I can start meeting up with other people.

No comments: