Saturday, April 3, 2010

First taste of summer

Early afternoon

A run! Easy five miles down Forbidden Drive with no ankle brace. I am convinced that chiropractics works. There were a few fleeting moments of discomfort, but they quickly passed before I could consider turning around and heading back. I probably should have been smarter and planned a loop, so that I could have easily called it a day if things starting going south, but honestly it could not have felt better. Average pace was approx. 9 minutes and heart rate was around 138. Pretty indicative of the training I've been doing with Crossfit over the past 4-5 months. I have seen my heart rate reach 170-180 during weight training workouts in a period of 10-30 minutes. Someone should defintely re-write the article on specificity of training, because this is defintely transferrable.

The weather was awesome. Could not have asked for a better day, and it was only further proven by the amount of people down in the park today. As big as the Wissahickon is, it makes me wish it was bigger so that I could spend days and days running and exploring. It literally melts away stress and worries, leaving calmness and tranquility in your mind. What else can you worry about?

I was so relaxed when I got home that my plan of 100 parallette pushups and pullups turned into 40 parallette pushups...and then some lemonade.

Now on to the Final Four....

No comments: