Friday, April 16, 2010

Tabatta Situps, Barbell Complex

Late Afternoon

I haven't done an honest Crossfit weighted workout since last Wednesday, and I wasn't sure if I would be well rested, or just out of shape.

WU: Shoulder dislocates, ankle stability on Bosu ball
Tabatta situps: 13

I was hoping to hit 14 again, a number I reached a few weeks back. Despite the speed at which I thought I was moving, I just seemed to run out of gas after about 3 rounds.

Workout: Barbell complex

AMRAP in 20 minutes:

5 Thrusters (95#)
7 Hang Power Cleans (95#)
10 SDHP (95#)

My goal for this workout was 10 rounds. I figured I could easily average 22 reps in approx. 2 minutes or less. Boy was I wrong. The first round flew by in 1:39, which was surprising, but it was all downhill from there. I lost count of the rounds at some point, but I'm pretty sure it was either 7 or 8 complete rounds. I'm leaning towards 7 rounds, because that averages just under 3 minutes per round, which is what I was clocking some of my later rounds to be.

This was a really tough workout, probably should have been even tougher had I attacked it has hard as I should have. I still have to work on mental toughness and get "comfortable" in the anaerobic "red zone."

No comments: