Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Secret Service Snatch Test

Late Afternoon

Saw this workout on a few other blogs that I've been following. Never having done this workout before, it's pretty tough to gauge how difficult this actually will be. The actual workout calls for a 53# kettlebell using either arm. I'm deciding to use a 45# DB. Simple enough.

WU: 1/2 mile job at 9:00 pace, 3% incline.
For time: 50 Pushups (60s), 50 Situps, 50 Squats
3:55

Workout: Secret Service Snatch Test
AMRAP in 10 minutes: Single arm dumbell snatches (45# DB)
190 total reps
Average HR: 172 BPM

Workout comments: I'm pretty stoked about this workout. The only frame of reference I have is another crossfit blog I found. His total was 188 using a 45# DB. I was defintely feeling the last few days worth of metcons in my legs, so this makes it a bit more fulfilling.

Body: I'm defintely feeling the soreness in my legs and lower back. I'm going to have to start searching for more ways to actively recover, other than sleeping enough and trying to eat the right foods. In all fairness, I don't think I do the best job at this, but it still doesn't warrant the constant muscle soreness I've been feeling recently.

No comments: