Monday, April 26, 2010

Easy run, Parallette Push

Late afternoon

Took the GREs finally today. I've been taking courses as a non-matriculated student for the past 12 months and am finally making the move to actual enrollment. I think part of the problem is that they allow you to take up to four courses as a non-matriculated student before requiring you to enroll in a degree program. I mean, honestly, who is not going to enroll in a program after being that far into it?

Easy run around Conshohocken on this route. Ankle felt pretty decent, even though I didn't use the brace. This would be one of those occasions where I get so frustrated by not being able to do most physical activity, that I just say "the hell with it" and run out the door. I was expecting at east mild pain but didn't feel anything. Kept things pretty short and easy at 4 miles in 37 minutes.

When I got back I attempted 100 parallete pushups for time: 6:03. I keep hearing that these pushups will significantly improve your bench press and general push up due to the increased range of motion they allow. I do feel the pull in my chest as I dip below the plane. I'm still too scared to try handstand pushups on them yet. We'll see. I have tried some L-sits and I'm getting pretty good at them.

No comments: